Christian Rupp is a very esteemed Senior Expert of the European Commission for Digitalisation Strategies (especially EU candidate and potential candidate countries as well as associated countries) and was awarded 2013 with the Decoration of Honour in Gold for Services Rendered to the Republic of Austria by the Austrian Federal President.
- Christian Rupp graduated from the Universities Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) in Spain and the Politecnico di Milano (PoliMi) in Italy with a master degree on Artificial Intelligence for Public Services.
- 1994-2003 eBusiness representative Austrian Federal Economic Chamber
- 2003-2018 appointed Federal Executive Secretary eGovernment and Spokesperson of the Federal Platform Digital Austria in the Office of the Austrian Federal Chancellor
- 2016-2018 plenipotentiary Digitalisation of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (Director SME Digital)
- 2018-2020 CIO of thee Joint eGov and Open Data Innovation Lab at the University of Lübeck and CIO of MACH AG
- 2019-now: Board Member of the National eGovernment Competence Center in Berlin
- 2020-now: CDO of Prosoz Herten and Chairman of the Board of Innovation Mine for AI in Public Sector in North Rhine-Westphalia
- 2023-now: Member of the advisory board of the Austrian Digital Competence Initiative