Security in times of pandemics
and major global events.
The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to challenges and chaos to many aspects of life. It is hard to imagine a sector of society that has not been somehow impacted and will continue to be for an extended period of time. During this period and the recovery period, technology has been a major facilitator for understanding and tracking the pandemics, but also in allowing a level of remote presence for both work and social engagement.
“Work from Home” has become the norm for many. The International Digital Security Forum (IDSF) seeks to bring together international and national leadership and stakeholders in information exchange and collaboration. The goal is to build collective knowledge of lessons learned and to build partnership for pandemic and major event mitigation.
Under the motto “Security in times of pandemics and major global events”, the IDSF 2020 is organized as a virtual conference from 02 – 03 December 2020 by the AIT Austrian Institute for Technology and the Austrian Chamber of Commerce (Wirtschaftskammer Österreich – WKO).
The entire conference will be held in English and as an interactive online event.
Additionally, the conference is supported by major Austrian Ministries.
Conference sessions are build around the following topical areas:
- Next Generation Border Management
- Advanced Biometrics for Counter Terrorism
- Cyber Crime in Times of Pandemic and Large Global Events
- Explainable AI
- Fake News – Undermining Democracy
- Next Generation Situational Awareness Systems
- Challenges and Abuse of Virtual Currencies
- Digital Resilience & Complexity
In this context, the IDSF regards its role as an excellent platform for discourse focusing on the following meta-topics:
- Cooperation between private and public sector
- Cooperation between public and research sector
- Methodologies & Tools for LEA´s and Government
- Technology Acceptance
- Technology shaping for the society good
The conference will consist of both plenary and parallel sessions over the course of two days.
Beware this is a virtual event only!