International Digital Security Forum (IDSF) Vienna 2023
Following last year’s success forum with over 250 international participants in Vienna and more than 100 speakers from 41 countries, the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology is happy to announce the 3rd International Digital Security Forum (IDSF) to be held from 19. – 21. September 2023 in Vienna, Austria. Organized by AIT with the support of the Austrian Federal Chancellery, the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Federal Ministry of Finance, State Secretary for Digitalisation and Telecommunication, and in partnership with the Austrian Security and Defence Industries Group of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber and the Competence Center Secure Austria (KSÖ), as well as in cooperation with international partner organizations, IDSF will dedicate this week to bring together international and national leadership and stakeholders for information exchange and to foster collaboration and build partnership in the context of this year’s conference motto “Digital resilience – the basis for a safe, secure and free society”.
#IDSF23 is created as a physical event and takes place at the Raiffeisen Forum in Vienna. Participation will be possible exclusively on-site in Vienna. In keeping with its tradition, the conference will be a mix of keynotes from prominent digital security players from around the world and discussion panels with experts from authorities, academia and industry in the context of digital security. Part of the #IDSF23 program is as usual an accompanying exhibition of innovative Austrian SMEs and global companies from the digital sector.
Furthermore and building on last year’s success, the Vienna Centre for Societal Security (VICESSE) and the AIT Austrian Institute of Technology are happy to announce their continued collaboration to host a parallel Social-Science Track on the 20th of September 2023 as part of IDSF. For this purpose, a special Call for Papers will be organised and announced shortly.
The program of #IDSF23 includes the following topics:
- Cyber Security: A Basis for Data Sovereignty in a Global Context
- Building Resilience: Cyber Security Training for Critical Infrastructure Security
- Putting Safety First: Incorporating Security and Privacy by Design in the Development of Critical Systems
- Powering Up Protection: The Race to Cyber-Secure Distributed Energy Networks
- Unleashing the Power of AI: The Holy Grail for Tackling Today’s Toughest Digital Challenges
- Balancing Security and Privacy: The Rise of Responsible Biometrics in Digital Identity Management
- Digital Tech in Counter-Terrorism: Navigating Ethical Challenges
- On-Demand Defense: How CBRN as a Service is Enhancing Response Capabilities
- Defending Democracy: The Urgent Need to Combat Disinformation Online
- Building Trust in the Digital Economy: The Promise of Gaia-X for Data Sovereignty
- Technological Innovation and Civilian Crisis & Conflict Management: Developing the Peace-Security-Technology Nexus
The IDSF23 will also look specifically at cyber diplomacy and confidence building measures in cyber space as well as to the interlinkages between technology and international crisis and conflict management.
The program will be available here shortly.
Furthermore, we are pleased to inform you that as a attendee of the IDSF23, you are also welcome to visit the KSÖ-Sicherheitsgipfel taking place prior to the IDSF in the Raiffeisen Forum from 09:00-12:00 on 19th of September. The KSÖ-Sicherheitsgipfel offers a deepdive into the Austrian perspective of domestic security and associated topics. As part of the IDSF23 registration process, you will have the opportunity to register for this event as well.